Donnerstag, 22. November 2012

"Mauve" by Ringo Deathstarr

Ringo Deathstarr is one of my favorite bands since their debut album "Color Trip"
I was listening a lot to the new Ringo Deathstarr album "Mauve" lately.
That's why I thought I should right a little review about it. Maybe we can discuss your views and opinions on this blog. I would appreciate it.


First step: you should listen to it!




The first impression I got was that it's like a part 2 of the "Shadow"-Ep.
I have to admit that I wasn't so impressed by this EP because the songs were less pop and sounded more thought-out in a postitive and a negative way.
With "Mauve" there were similar feelings coming up inside of me but after I listened to it some more times it changed.
You definitely hear the influences of The Smashing Pumpkins sound, Ringo Deathstarr went on tour with recently, and Billy Corgans Songwriting.
In an interview with Red River Noise Elliot said about the difference between the new album and "Color Trip":

"On Colour Trip, we didn’t have a lot of the songs finished, most of them got done in the studio with all the bells and whistles of the studio. We thought to get some crazy-ass drum sounds, some unnatural things, you know? But with Mauve, we had everything done before getting into the studio and we didn’t use the computer very much at all. We didn’t use computer editing or computer plug-ins. We did it like people used to do, but today it’s rare to do that."

That's the thing I like the most about the new album. It's more natural. Nowadays many young shoegaze bands work a lot with every possible plug-in they can find on their computer to make everything sound really spacy, but just to rely on the sound you did in the studio is rare.

I really like about "Mauve" that Ringo Deathstarr kept up the different vocal sounds for each song like they already did on "Color Trip".
In this way every song get an own atmosphere and soul.

The first single "Rip" is well chosen and probably the most catchy song on the whole album. The music video is nerdy as always and it's fun to watch it. take a look.



Overall it's a really good mix. There are still some catchy pop songs like "Rip" , "Slack" and "Please don't kill yourself" and experimental doom sound wall songs like "Wave" as well.
 

I think you need to listen to "Mauve" twice at least to recover it's whole beauty. 




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen