Freitag, 3. Januar 2014

I ♥ Shoegaze || January I

Hey everyone!
I wish you all a Happy New Year 2014. Hold on to your wishes an dreams and become the person you wanna be. So let's start with some Shoegaze Love left over from 2013. I did not forget about you I just needed some free time with my family and friend so I hope you don't mind I post you now.

At first, I wanna introduce Soft Shadows to you. In october 2013 they released their album "Reverb Is For Lovers" and beside the most awesome album title they bring great Shoegaze to the listeners. It's soft and it's hard at the same time. Just the way I like it. So don't miss them!! 

Next one on the list are Wilson & Joy from UK. Their dream-pop is awesome and comes in a modern suit. My favorite song is "Lost".
In november 2013 gorgeous Louise Trehy (part of Swallow) released a track called "Automatic" under the name Strata Florida via Saint Marie Records. With a lot of tremolo effect it reminds me of the early 90s Shoegaze. The vocals are perfect. I'm dreaming.
Never heard of "Slackgazers"? Then you probably never heard about Chimes from New Jersey, USA. This 5 young people are creating a great modern Shoegaze with very dreamy female voices. And btw: Their cover art is beauteous. I love it!!!
Human Colonies is an italien Shoegaze Band who are in love with the great never dying stars on Shoegaze heaven such as My Bloody Valentine, Slowdive and Ride and are also into Old-School noisy Indie-Rock like Sonic Youth or Dinosaur Jr. Best mix if you ask me.
And there's another band which came along my way called Costado. I just couldn't find out if they had a facebook page so if anyone of you now where I can find them please write a comment below 'cause this band is amazing and I want to know what's going on. So check out their bandcamp. Great fuzzy guitars and a very good drum sound. Keep on.  

Enjoy.
x

Oyèmi Noize

 

1 Kommentar: